Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rodarte: The Curve of Forgotten Things (2011)

This is not just any other fashion film. It carries a hidden meaning of environmental conscious all through the eight-minute short film.

I love the brownish tone, and I also love the light which gives the sunny day feel. It's not a warm sunny day but a hot dry day with a bright sunlight. 

Elle Fanning is all grown up. She looks tall and big now. She is undoubtedly a great actor although there is not much acting to do here.








The first green outfit is something. I love the detail especially the back and the wrists.




 This blue plaid outfit is well-made. There are little details you may not be able to see here, but if you look closely to a few pleats made around the upper thigh part of the pants.







This is my favorite skirts. I love the v-cut on each layer, especially when she moves and all the layers blooming out. Fascinating. And, the pretty roses graphic of the blouse is very beautiful.


However, for this scene, I don't know what they want to tell here. She was like a ghost dancing through the wall.






I superbly love this dress, my favorite from every Rodarte piece. I love the upper part so much. It's just so perfect for white and blue-purple to be together and I love the pattern with this material! Even though, the lower part is not my favorite, but together it's stunning.
I'm obsessed with backless items. And, here it is, though it's not deep but this will be just fine. :)








The gold dress truly deserves to be the finale. I'm so dying for the shoes. But the dress may be too gladiator, you think? But, I love the shoulders part, totally creative yet stunning. 




Somehow I find the ending scene too weird. So she is an alien? She is like visited this town she used to spend days in and felt disappointed then returned to her planet? Huh. Creative theme.

No matter how cliche the plot could be, I find this short film worth watching.
Firstly, the clothes are beautiful.
Secondly, it carries an environmental conscious smoothly, well, at least it doesn't feel like they are trying too hard to put it in.

But, honestly, I find the ending scene funny, regardless how beautiful the light is.


x
Lady R.

No comments:

Post a Comment